Physical Fitness Linked to Brain Fitness
There’s no difference between your brain and the rest of your body’s muscles. So you can either use it or you lose it. You normally hit the gym so as to stimulate your muscle cells growth. This is the same way that you can use brain fitness program so as to increase your brain’s connections. However, you may basically receive an extra brain boost through hitting the gym. The advantages of physical exercise, particularly aerobic ones, have some positive results on the function of the brain on many fronts. This ranges from behavioral to molecular level. According to a study, exercising briefly for even 20 minutes will facilitate information processing as well as memory functions.
How Exercise Affects Brain Function?
There are many ways through which exercise affects the brain. Apart from pumping more oxygen to your brain, it also increases heart rate. It additionally helps the bodily release of various hormones. All these participate in helping and providing a nourishing environment for brain cells. Exercises also stimulate brain elasticity through motivating growth of some new links between cells in various important cortical areas of your brain. Another recent study reveals that exercise increases brain growth factors. This makes it easier for your brain to grow new neuronal connections.
Drop On Stress Hormones
From behavioral perspective, similar antidepressant-like effects linked with “a runner’s high” that’s found in humans is linked with drop on stress hormones. A research from Stockholm indicated that the running antidepressant effect was also linked with extra growth of cells in hippocampus. This is the area of your brain that’s responsible for learning as well as memory.
Physical and Mental Exercise
The use of physical exercise in combination with Brain HQ brain training enhances your chances of improving cognitive functions within parameters. This includes time and style of exercise. Fascinatingly, differences found between exercise styles like choosing cycling over running is linked with an improved function of the brain during and after exercise. Ballroom dancing, that activity having both mental and physical demands has registered a higher impact on cognitive functioning as opposed to mental tasks or exercise alone. This shows that the best brain exercise involves those which mix different parts of your brains like rhythm, coordination and strategy.
Tips For Selecting The Right Physical Exercise
- Basically, anything which is ideal for your heart is also ideal for your brain.
- An aerobic exercise is perfect for both the brain and body. Not only does this improve the function of the brain, it also operates as “first aid kit” on those damaged brain cells.
- Morning exercises before you go to work spikes your brain activity and readies you for mental stresses for the entire day. It also produces increased retention of fresh information, and your better reaction to complicated situation.
- When you are looking to altering your exercise routine, look for that activity which mixes coordination together with cardiovascular exercise like dance class.
- Select circuit exercises when you like crunching time alone at the gym. These both quickly spike the heart rate and also will redirect constantly your attention.
- When mentally exhausted or you are hitting the wall, doing some few jumping jacks is going to reboot your brain.
Your health should be like your life’s insurance. Therefore, you should ensure that you do everything possible to improve both your mental and physical health. But sometimes when you are travelling to another country, there’s a routine you might forget that can endanger your overall health, like exercising. It’s recommended that you have your EHIC anytime you’re travelling to a European member state that endorses the health insurance card so that you can get medical services when you suddenly fall sick abroad.