The dietary regime plays a vital role in controlling high blood pressure. Apart from the food, the timings of the food are also important for you. Food discipline is a part of your life. You need to regularize the plan, by consulting with your dietitian.
These are some useful tips which helps you to form a healthy diet chart.
1. The finest way is to depend upon salads, green vegetables and fruits. Tomatoes are very effective in controlling high blood pressure.
2. Eat food that is low in cholesterol and fat. Instead of depending upon spices heavily, use herbs as well. You need to depend upon vegetarian food, even though there is no bar on light non-vegetarian food like fish which has high nutritional value.
3. Cereals have no bar for blood pressure patients, but try to take sprouted ones. They are easy to digest and rich in the fiber content. This is important as it helps you to stay away from constipation.
The blood pressure patients should never suffer from constipation. Proper digestion is the most important measure. Impurities within the system means impurities in the blood. Anything that obstructs the free flow of blood in the arteries and veins is going to cause great problems of blood pressure.
4. Make potassium an essential part of your diet. To manage blood pressure you need to have right level of potassium in your food. Include plenty of fruits in your diet.
5. There are many vegetables which are best blood-purifiers. Carrot is one such food which helps you to maintain your blood pressure level.
6. Regular consumption of honey early in the morning that too empty stomach, with a little bit of lime juice in it adds support to blood pressure patients.
7. And last but not the least, choose the food items that are low in salt and sodium. Most of the Americans eat very much salt than required. So have a consult with your doctor and sort out some solution to cut out the abundance use of salt from your diet.