Suffering From Hair Loss?- Stop Worrying!

Know the normal cycle of hair growth and loss

Very few people know that, the normal cycle of hair growth lasts for 2 to 6 years. Every month each hair grows approximately 1 centimeter which is less than half an inch. 90 percent of your hair grows at any one time where as the remaining 10 percent is in a resting phase. The hair which are in resting phase falls after 2 to 3 months and new hair grows. That is why every day some hair sheds away which is normal. But a few people experience excessive hair loss which affects people in all age groups irrespective of their gender.

Want to know causes of excessive hair loss?

Major Surgery

A major surgery can be one of the reasons for excessive hair loss. Which may be due to stress of the illness. This may happen after 3 or 4 months of the surgery. This is a temporary hair loss.

Hormonal problems

Hair loss may caused due to the hormonal imbalance. Over activeness or under activeness of your thyroid gland may result into  excessive hair loss. You can easily prevent this kind of hair loss by treatment of  thyroid disease. Imbalance of male or female hormones, known as androgens and estrogens may also cause excessive hair loss. You just need to correct this imbalance and solve the problem easily. This will help to stop your excessive hair loss.

After Pregnancy

It is also found that many times women tend to loose their hair about 3 months after they’ve had a baby. Which is very common and is related to hormones. Actually during pregnancy high levels of certain hormones cause the body to keep hair that would normally fall out. And when these hormones return to pre-pregnancy levels, that hair falls out and the normal cycle of growth and loss starts again.

Use Of Medicines

Many medicines can also cause excessive hair loss. Hair loss due to medicines is temporary, you can easily stop this by stopping the intake of such medicines.
Medicines that can cause hair loss include blood thinners (also called anticoagulants), medicines used for gout, medicines used in chemotherapy to treat cancer, vitamin A (if too much is taken), birth control pills and antidepressants.

Infections

There are also certain fungal infections that cause hair loss. This is generally found in children. You can  always cure it with antifungal medicines.

Disease

There are also few diseases which cause excessive hair loss. This can be an early sign of disease. You should not neglect this and find the cause so that it can be treated