It is universally said that good rescue and survival skills can make a difference between death and life.
It may encounter one day. Despite not being situated in a disaster-prone area, tragedies like tornadoes, wind storms, industrial accidents and earthquakes can hit any time, devastating your entire business. Even if a flood doesn’t put your business under loss, it may distance your clients and service provider, trader or suppliers.
For this reason, while administrating the business, you should have a plan of how you will deal with the unexpected calamity. Here are some simple steps that can help you.
1. Locate what can create a mess:
First of all, note down what can go wrong in your business. Once you have recognized the threats, you need to rank them in order of maximum impact and possibility. Now, evaluate that how vulnerable your business is to those calamities.
2. Prepare a well configured plan:
The next thing is to create an emergency action plan that what it should comprise. It is basically a manually written record for dealing with the identified threats to your business. The points of your plan must make sense, and also be in conformity with prevailing law.
How to manage the emergency rescue operations:
1. A list of people responsible for dealing the accidents should be there.
2. There should be a list of person concerned who are responsible for making decisions, and checking response actions at the time of accident. Make sure that someone responsible is in charge of contacting emergency service providers. Additionally, appoint a personnel to act as a contact point for outside parties.
3. Rescue emergency boards, rescue kits, first-aid kits, ladders, ropes, emergency lights, ample stretchers for the victims should be there in the premises and should be checked regularly.
4. Guiding principle and course of action on emergency rescue operations, medical tasks, fire fighting and other activities must be provided to the work force to deal with the mishap.
5. Conduct meetings with your employees to discuss the threats that could strike and how to deal when disaster occurs.