Here are the some “literally simple” lifestyle modification that can prevent type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes or insulin resistance:
1. Develop a healthy way of thinking.
2. Take quick walks everywhere you can, if your heart is strong. Work out for 10,000 steps per day approximately about 5 miles or do other aerobic activity, such as swimming or cycling 40-50 minutes per day. Make sure you consult with your physician first before starting any exercise schedule.
3. Develop a muscle mass to lessen the factor of aging in order to help the hormonal balance.
4. Particularly if you are overweighed at the waist, avoid all carbohydrates such as potatoes, bread, pasta, breakfast cereals, etc from your diet.
5. Have ideal meal which consist of: healthy protein, healthy fats, low glycemic load and high soluble fiber carbohydrates. The combination of fats, proteins, and soluble fiber slows the absorption of carbohydrates.
6. Avoid processed food stuff like the plague. If these products comes in box or packed do not purchase it.
7. Whether you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, just monitor and record your blood sugar in exact 2 hours after at least one meal per day. Evaluate which meals are healthy and which does not favor your health.
8. Try to get rid of stress from your life.
If you seriously implement these lifestyle changes and outlooks, your blood sugar will be balanced as well as improved and type 2 diabetes can be cured or prevented.