Modern science currently believes that disease, decay and degeneration are due to the presence of free radicals in the body. But the question that arise in mind is how are the free radicals created?
Free radicals build up due to the gathering of toxins in the body. Toxins, themselves, are a product of our lifestyle, our diet, the environment and our emotional patterns.
Through our loose and disorderly lifestyle, the sort of food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink and our emotional pulls and pressures, definite hormones are secreted that have a tendency to leave behind toxins.
The gathering of toxins in our body is, therefore, natural. We cannot try to escape from this.
Yoga has a two divided approach. In the long term it direct at developing attitudinal changes that avoid the build up of toxins through various practices and meditative techniques.
On the other hand ,Yoga has incredibly practical distillation practices that intend at the detoxification of the body and mind. These detoxification techniques are a sort of cleansing that help the body rid itself of toxins.
These techniques,are known as Shatkarmas or Shatkriyas are tremendously powerful in that they work on specific areas of the body that have the maximum impact upon our health.
Profit of Cleansing :
- Helps to develop immunity by eliminating the toxins.
- Stimulates the mind and aids in removing lethargy (tamas).
- Washes the colon, sinus tracts, the stomach etc.
- Provides a massaging effect to the areas applied thereby stimulating the effective working of the Organs.
- Stimulates vitality and helps in retardation of ageing.
- One’s capacity to think, digest, taste , feel express etc. increases and a greater awareness